Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cream of Roasted Mushroom Soup


Assalamualaikum!

Phew.Submitted my super long oh-my-goodness-gracious-me review paper. If I get into grad school, I might probably have to write similar reviews all the time..=.=’

Anyhoots, I bought some mushrooms and didn't really know what to do with it. I was thinking of making pasta but doesn't really feel like making pasta..It’s getting really cold now. The negative temperature is slowly kicking in..What’s better than having a bowl of soup in this weather? So yeap. I decided to make some soup. Cream of roasted mushrooms because cream of mushroom is too mainstream.=P

I rarely buy porcini mushroom, but let me tell ya, I went out and got more. There are some wooden and earthy flavors to it that makes any dish tastes classic. It’s that good! If you are wondering, porcini mushrooms are the brown “version” of button mushrooms. When I first tasted this soup,I was like..”Oh yeah! Mummy would love it!”.You'd love it too!



Cream of Roasted Mushrooms

8 oz of mushrooms/1 packet
½ cup of cooking cream
2 cups of water
1 cube of beef stock
4 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter
1 ½ tablespoon of flour
1 tablespoons of dried parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. Chop mushroom into thinner slices/pieces
  3. In an oven-safe bowl, coat the mushrooms with olive oil. Season it with salt and pepper.
  4. Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until cooked through.
  5. Once the mushroom is cooked, set aside. Do not drain the mushrooms!
  6. In a saucepan on a medium heat, melt butter and add the flour. Stir for 30 seconds-1 minute.
  7. Add cream, water, beef stock, roasted mushrooms along with the liquid that is collected in the oven-safe bowl.
  8. Stir constantly and let simmer. Once it simmers, turn off the heat and let cool for 15 minutes -20 minutes
  9. Pour ¾ of the soup in a blender and blend well.
  10. Pour the well blended soup back in the saucepan.
  11. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. Again, let simmer.



Porcini Mushrooms

Before

After





When we bake the mushrooms, it’ll emit some juice that is very flavorful. Adding that to your soup would give you extra points. I kid you not.
Serve this soup with some toasted bread. Yuh-mie!

(Pardon the pictures.I was hungry and I had a paper to write)

Take care.Remember to breathe..
In life, take one thing at a time. I sure have to remind myself that!

Wasalam.

Love,

Sofhan Hasni

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna try this tomorrow insya Allah! XD

    ReplyDelete