Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Mushroom Quiche


Assalamualaikum!

Whenever I fast, I always make sure that my iftar is something delicious. I was about to say feast, but we all know I feast on food every single day of the week. Ahah.
I wanted to fast today but tettt, I didn't wake up for sahur. Yeay. Not.

Last time I fasted, I made myself some mushroom quiche. Oh my Lord. It’s incredibly delicious.=O

Mushroom Quiche
3 large eggs
1 cup of mozzarella, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup of bell pepper, chopped
6 ounces button mushroom, chopped
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup cream
Salt and pepper (to taste)
9 inch-pie crust

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
  2. Cover the pie crust with parchment paper and fill it in with baking weights. (I used rice c=grains)
  3. Bake for 15 minutes.  Take it out of the oven and remove the parchment paper along with the grains.
  4. Poke some holes on the pie crust using a fork. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown. Set aside.
  5. In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil and caramelize the mushroom, onion and bell pepper (About 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside
  6. In a bowl, mix the eggs with the milk and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
  7. In the pie crust, sprinkle half cup of the cheese at the bottom of the crust. Spread the cooked mushroom, onion and bell pepper on top of the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese.
  8. Slowly, pour in the egg mixture.
  9. Place the pie pan on a cookie sheet in case of over pouring. Bake for 30 -35 minutes.






  


I used ½ cup milk, ½ cup cream. My mixture was over flowing!!!ayayay! Hence the reduced measurement.=)
  


Original recipe from: here
Okay, back to printing studies. I’ll be writing about the effects of marriage conflicts on children. Sigh. Poor kids.=/ On the bright side Nasi Lemak for breakfast andddd there will be a talk on Psych degree later on! I really need to start my research on grad schools. Yes kids, I’ll be a nerd for a LONNNNGGGGGG time.

Oh yes, my sister is MARRIED! Alhamdulillah! Everyone is all grown up...and saving China.
Guess who is next in the line? *wink*

Take care.

Wasalam.

Till then,
Love,
Sofhan Hasni 

No comments:

Post a Comment