Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Pies


Assalamualaikum!

I could breathe in and out slowly now. Phew. Two more term papers and 3 weeks of finals. I can do this. I can do this!

Prior coming to Montreal, I've never had pumpkin pies. Ever. Pumpkin is not something we use much in our cooking and the pumpkins back home are like apples compared to the ones here. HUGENORMOUS! I made pumpkin pie last year for a potluck. but didn't even try it. I made mini pumpkin pies for a bakesale. Still didn't try any. I finally had my first pumpkin pie after my third batch. What was I thinking? Letting people eat things that I didn't even try first. Alhamdulillah my friends are still alive.=p

I have a lazy butt so I don’t even bother making small pie crusts. I bought them at the grocery store. =)
Oh! Check the ingredients please. Some of them contain lard. And..we don’t want that in our food do we?
Original recipe: here
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Make 45

1 can (796ml) of pumpkin pie filling
1 can (375ml) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
45 small pie crusts
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. In a large bowl mix everything together, except the crust of course. Set aside.
  3. Arrange the pie crust on a cookie sheet.
  4. Pour in the filling mixture evenly in all the crusts.
  5. Bake for 15-17 mins. DONE!
Tip: This actual recipe calls for pumpkin PUREE and not pie filling. But I still add the sugar and loved it. However, if you’re not into extremely sweet desserts, add the sugar last and  reduce the amount of sugar if you like.

When buying canned pumpkin, pay more attention to what it is you are buying. One of the things that pie filling has is the pumpkin pie spice. Which is nutmeg, cinnamon, and a few more that I can’t remember  But for me, if I have cinnamon, I’m good.=)


Mix em goood!




 My pumpkin pies were well behaved. In the sense that they didn't really crack on the top. Wee!Feel free to serve it with whipped cream.*drool*



I woke up really late today and I’m still sleepy…whatevs..

Bundle up everybody!

Take care.
Wasalam.

Till then, Love,
Sofhan Hasni 

No comments:

Post a Comment