Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Krista is 21! :White Rosette Cake

Assalamualaikum!

Last Thursday was our dearest friend, Krista's birthday. They invited me to a surprise birthday dinner but I can't make it. =( She is the nicest,sweetest,kindest girl I've met.So sweet it's hard not to fall in love with her. Now that I think of it, the first time we met was 2 years ago at Juliette et Chocolat and she was wearing a white dress with a red coat.I know.I still remember what my friend Zainab was wearing during Frosh two years ago.I'm a creep like that.=P

Anyhoots,since I can't make it to the dinner, I decided to make her a birthday cake instead. I settled for cupcakes at first, but , no no, she's too special, cupcakes won't do. I learnt that she loves chocolate and berries. With the time constraint, I decide to make somewhat the same cake I made for Trisha and Justine's Birthday. Chocolate cake with strawberry cheesecake filling. BUT, this time, I used vanilla icing and  I put chocolate coated strawberries on the top. I cheated by the way. I didn't have enough time (term papers due and a friend is coming over to make red velvet cuppies ) plus I don't have enough ingredients, I used the  boxed ones. Honestly, if you'r making a two layer cake, please spent some time making them from scratch.SO MUCH BETTER.

Wee!

Vanilla Buttercream Icing

1 Cup shortening
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tablespoon of vanilla

Beat everything together.Boom!done.






ahhh, mine is so messy!Oh well!

Chocoloate cake with strawberry cheesecake filling, recipe: here
Youtube video on how to make rosettes: here
try watching that and google for more tutorials.The ones on youtube were very helpful!


 

Happy 21st Birthday Krista!Lots of love!

Okay lovelies, take care!
Wasalam.

Love,

Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment