Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chocolate Rosette: Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling

 Assalamualaikum!

Finally it’s the weekend,again. FINALLY!

This semester is crazyyyy!I have so many things to read, to write, to memorize..I really feel like dying my hair blonde. Right.

When I am stressed out, what do I doooo? Everyone say….BAKE!!!=)
Anyways,my current favorite show is Cake Boss. Noreen, if you’re reading this, you’ll have to bring me to New Jersey next time you head home.

We did a surprise birthday party for Trisha-lala and Justine two weeks ago. I had the cake planned in my head for a few months ahead. I planned to use fondant but it was such a hectic week and I really don’t have time to play around with it. Not to mention that I wanted to bake the night before and I couldn't find my electric mixer! When I looked at the recipe I realized I don’t need a mixer. A ha! Then I realized I don’t have enough chocolate. Oh my God! Not long after Fajr I texted Illya and headed to her place and borrow her mixer and then went to Provigo and bought me-self some baking chocolate and cocoa powder. I’m all set!Phew. 

Since I don’t have time for fondant, I went online and looked for inspirations. I remembered once  I saw rosette cakes on YouTube and I googled it again. Found  a great blog while I was at it.

So here you go, my first Rosette Cake; Chocolate cake with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling covered in Chocolate Buttercream. To be honest, this is the recipe I love best.Easy peasy, airy and Dih-licious.

I got the recipe of Chocolate cake from here.

Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Cheesecake Filling

(Makes 2 8-inch layers)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups hot water

  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter cake pans. Line bottoms with parchment paper, and butter paper.
  2. Sift cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar into bowl.
  3. Beat in oil, buttermilk, vanilla, eggs, and hot water one at a time, using a mixer set at low.
  4. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
  5. Pour batter into pans. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.


Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
1 1/2 cup creamcheese
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1/2 cup cut fresh strawberries

  1. Cream the cream cheese until light and fluffy using electric mixer
  2. Beat in Strawberry jam until well incorporated
  3. Using a spoon, mix the fresh strawberries into the cream cheese mixture.

Sifted dry ingredients

Doesn't exactly scream beautiful.I know

Pink goodness

Yes.thats my study table.I'm a student remember?

Trim the top and spread the pink sensation!

Giant sandwich!

Pipe the sides and top
Add strawberries on top!:)

Sigh. My hands are itching to try some other new stuffs!Went half crazy at the art store last friday.Sobs.:(

Oh yes, the chocolate buttercream recipe would follow soon.insyaAllah!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Bundle up!It's getting colder!Brrrrr.

Wasalam

Till then, Goodnight!

Loves,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment