Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chocolate Buttercream Icing

Assalamualaikum!

The last time I made chocolate cake, it was my first time using buttermilk. I bought the whole carton. So since I have some left, I made pancakes and of course more chocolate cake.  This time however, I tried using the same recipe to make cupcakes. If there were ever baking fairies, they’d sing me a song by now!
This is by far, the BEST recipe ever.

Head on to my previous post and get the chocolate cake recipe,here!

Additional steps
(makes 29-30 cupcakes)
  • Line the cupcake pan
  • Fill in  ¾ of the cupcake liners
  • Bake for 15 minutes in 350 degree Fahrenheit.


Done!:)
Pure BLISS.
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
1 cup of shortening
1 cup of butter
3 cup of icing sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
¼ cup of cocoa powder
2 ½ oz of chocolate squares, melted
1-2 tablespoon of milk

  1. Melt the chocolate squares using the double boiler method.
  2. In another bowl, beat the shortening and butter until soft and creamy.
  3. Mix in the sugar, cocoa and melted chocolate.
  4. Add vanilla extract and continue mixing.
  5. If the icing is too thick, add the milk, if not, omit.

Voila!You could easily freeze or refrigerate this icing ahead of time! The thing I like about this recipe is that it tastes great! Not too buttery, not extremely sweet (despite the whole bag of sugar used!).I’m still working on the texture. There are still rooms for improvements!


Aren't they lovely?:)


Sigh.back to studying...


Happy Sunday!

Wasalam

Till then,
Love,
Sofhan Hasni

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what you mean by the texture because it was delicious!! (the ones you brought to the halaqa right?). I usually sift the icing sugar but it didn't seem like it had to be :) <3 Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I piped it,it wasn't as smooth as I wanted it to be.But you're right, this recipe is delicious!:)

    ReplyDelete