Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Oven "fried" Chicken with Sweet and Spicy Glaze


Assalamualaikum!

Finalllllllyyyyyy done with exams! It felt like FOREVER! Okay..over. I was about to make sugar cookies but then my butter is still cold. SO it’s resting nicely on the heater. LOL! Just to speed up the process. I am one impatient baker!=P

Awhile ago, I had fried/baked chicken cravings! I came across Chef John’s Spicy Orange Chicken Wings and DING! A light bulb on top of my head went on.But then I didn't have marmalade or orange jam in my fridge...oh well..then I came across his other recipe called Clifton Springs Chicken Wings.So I made that instead. Since I wasn't so sure if I’m going to like it or not, I didn't really document the whole process. IT WAS DELISH! I used half of chicken and not just wings. Wings are not exactly my favorite.But nonetheless, I eat so much meat I am practically meatarian.=P

Original recipe here.

Oven "fried" Chicken

500 g of chicken cut into pieces
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 cup of flour
A dash of hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

  1. Preheat the oven to
  2. In a bowl, marinade the chicken with hot sauce, salt, pepper and oil.
  3. In a Ziploc or clean plastic bag, put the marinated chicken and flour. Shake plastic bag until the chicken pieces are well coated.
  4. Spray baking pan with oil.
  5. Arrange the chicken on the pan and spray or brush the chicken with oil.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes on one side and another 30 minutes on the other.


Sweet and Spicy Glace
3 crushed garlic cloves
2 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp sambal oelek/chili sauce (or 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes)
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce


  1. In a saucepan on slow heat, mix everything together
  2. Once it starts to simmer, turn off the heat.
  3. Coat chicken with glaze and serve.


God I'm hungry all of a sudden.I just ate rice and mihun sup.Blame the weatherrrr!I could make ABC from the snow outside..EEK!
Happy holidays everyone!

Till then, take care,
Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment