Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE sandwich

Assalamualaikum!


Isn't that a beauty?
So its the time of the month again where I crave for every single food known to men.Yes.Even those that I've never tasted before.The thing about going out to try new food is you need 1) Money  2)Friends 3)Good weather.Which of course I have none at the moment.Okay.I do have some money left but still..its negative 16 degrees outside.Say what?!There is no way I'm going out in this weather just to go any try the paninis at Joe's Panini on Drummond.=(
Also,at this time of teh month I am super carnivorous.I'm DYING to have all meat paninis and there's only one halal panini place that I know about.The thing is,I have to buy the whole panini set which is super huge and they'll give me two.As I've said before,I've never tasted panini's before so what if they're not good?See where I'm getting at here?So,being the super moody carnivorous me,I decided to make my own beef sandwich.I bought this packet of meat awhile ago and I really should cook them.

I don't even know what to call these babies.They are SOOO good.I died.

Le Sandwich de Boeuf

500g or diced meat
4 tablespoons of mayo
2 tablespoon of chili flakes
3 tablespoon of honey
Salt and pepper
Bread
Butter

Set the oven to 350 degree Fahrentheit
In an oven safe dish,generously season the diced meat with pepper and salt.
Bake the meat for 20 minutes for medium to well done meat.
You'll see that the meat eliminates water.So keep the broth aside.
Cut the meat into thins slices.
In a bowl,mix the meat,broth,honey,chilli flakes and more pepper.
Season the meat with salt and pepper

Bake for 20 minutes


Small pieces of meat

The broth

Add mayo,broth and chilli flakes
Say hello to Mr Bear
Tadaaa!



Chunks of butter.


Buttered toasts
Toast buttered bread in the oven.For extra yumminess,add more honey on each sandwich before serving.

If I could fry things without making my whole house and apartment smell like curry,I would have loved to add some caramalized onions.TO DIE FOR.or..you could add cheese on the bread.Imagine,the best sandwich with grilled cheese.We also could make it more healthy by adding bell peppers,lettuce and tomatoes to it too.Wouldn't that be just lovely?Eating sandwich for a light lunch,with a cup of mango tea and a book on your lap with a cat curling at your feet.Yes.Bliss.

Bon apetite!
Wasalam

Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment