Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Brookies

Assalamualikum!

About a month ago,I baked for McGill's Think Pink bake sale.All profits went to help fun the Breast Cancer Research.I'm trying to be more active in all the clubs that I joined.For that bake sale,I wanted to bake something easy,fast and affordable,so I baked brookies.I first came across Brookies from http://www.bakerella.com/.
Brookies are brownies with cookies in it.Sinful.I know.
Its one of the easiest thing you could ever make.Fool proof I tell ya.

Brookies
1 box of Brownie Mix (any brand)
1 box of Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (any brand)
 Eggs/oil/water/etc (depends on the mix used)


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.Its better to follow the temperature stated on the brownie mix if its different.
  2. In separate bowls,follow the instructions on both boxes.
  3. Pour the brownie batter in a 9x9 pan.
  4. Scoop a generous amount of cookie dough and put it into the brownie batter an inch apart from one another.
  5. Bake for the required time as stated on the box.


Brownie batter

Brownie batter poured into baking pan

Chocolate Chunk Cookie dough

Cookie dough in brownie batter

Side view

Pink Ribbons Yeay!

Think Pink!

So basically,this recipe is just combining to mixes together and that's it.Try to be more creative by adding nuts,mint chips or M&Ms into your brookies to make it taste even better.
Since these brookies were baked for the Think Pink bake sale,I decided to make it prettier by piping pink ribbons on each slice.(Plus,I have extra whipped cream icing in the fridge).
Easy peasy.:)


Wasalam.

Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment