Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Great Company,Great Food!

Assalamualaikum.

This winter break everyone leaves Montreal.Everyone went back to their families in Toronto,Boston,Bali and what not.And here I am,alone in front of my computer typing this up.But i'm not complaining.Things are just great now.Alhamdulilllah.It is true that sometime we're at the bottom,and with patience,insyaAllah we can be on the top of the wheel. For a year and four months of being here,I've seen a lot!and from there,I've learnt a lot too.When times are hard,its always easier to have someone there with you to share all your problems and troubles with.=)
Last week,my girlfriends and I decided to have dinner together at my new place before Trisha goes back to Toronto.She wanted steak so I made her one.Although I wish it could've tasted better.=p
I never imagined making my own steaks but my former housemate Hayati taught me how to.ITS EASY AND WAYYYYYYYYYYYY CHEAPER.A steak from the butcher can cost you less than 4$!If I were to go to a fancy restaurant and order steak,it might cost me 30$ per plate!Not that they have any fancy halal steak place here,not that I know of at least.So I made Steak for the main course,mashed potatoes and garlic bread , mushroom black pepper sauce for both potatoes and steak,also a pavlova for dessert.These past couple of days,I've been cooking A LOT!Fun,fun,fun!So here are the recipes.

Appertizer: Mashed Potatoes (makes 3)

2 big potatoes
3/4 cup of milk
2 tablespoon of butter
1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese grated (i might have used less,but you definetely could add more!)
Salt and pepper


  1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller chunks.
  2. Boil them in a slightly salted water until tender
  3. Drain the water and mash them.For a finer and softer mashed potatoes,press the mashed potatoes through a sieve (my sister taught me that=))
  4. Add the milk little by little.(Reduce the amount of milk if the potatoes are too liquid-y and add more if you need to)
  5. Add the pepper and cheese.Stir well.:)



Cooked and drained

Add pepper


anddd cheeseee!:)

Appetizer II:Garlic bread(makes 3)

1/4 cup of butter
3 cloves of garlic
a dash of parsley flakes

  1. Put the butter and garlic in a microwave safe dish.
  2. Heat them for about a minute until the butter melts 
  3. While its still hot,using a fork,mash the soften garlic cloves.
  4. Add some parsley flakes
  5. Spread them on bread slices
  6. Put them in the oven (350 degree Fahrenheit) for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.


Before going into the oven


Tips:Make this in the morning or the day before so that you don't have to make it last minute.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment