Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Vat?!No Cookie?!

Assalamualaikum!

So I’m writing this now as a reward for myself for finishing some of my readings for PSYC 311.Alhamdulillah.Such a hectic hectic day! Had breakfast with Hayati and we had a good conversation about books. Oh books!!!Was late for my class and rushed to an appointment and turns out I was an hour early.yepppp.AN HOUR! Stopped by Alexis Nihon and picked up a couple of stuffs for my Sunshine (who is currently sleeping like nobody’s business on my lap. yes. I’m typing with one hand) and came back. Phewwwwww!(ni baru anak satu..=.=’)

So a couple of weeks back I made this cupcakes.ADOHWABLE Cookie Monster Cupcakes.



At first I thought its going to be tricky with all the icing and what not. I mean really, cookie monster IS hairy. What made me do it? Three things, 1) I saw Salmanee posting Elmo cuppies if I’m not mistaken on Trish’s wall.2) Munie and Amal came to Monty!!Before coming, Amal said about wanting to bake/cook with me. Plus  Amal loves all of these cute quirky things!3) The idea came during exam time and I only have crazy baking ideas during those times. So I googled the tutorial. This is the one that I ended up watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT7WS0Q1lOM
I realize that I have most of the ingredients at home. Except the white chocolate eyes! So the quest of finding edible eyes begins! After gazillion stores, we settled for Hershey’s Drop Cookies. Talk about Cookies!
They are DELISH btw!


Cookie Monster Cupcakes

20 Cupcakes of any flavor
Blue Coloring
½ cup Betty Crocker’s Icing (Any kind would do!)
½ cup Coconut flakes
1 packet Hershey’s Drop Cookies
Chocolate Sprinkles
18 Mini Chocolate chip cookies 

  1. In a bowl, add coloring to the icing. Add drop by drop until you get the right shade of baby blue.
  2. Put the Coconut flakes in a Ziploc and add a few drops of coloring and shake well (it’s always good to start with only a small drop and adding little by little).Put this in a medium bowl for easy dipping.
  3. Put the chocolate sprinkles in a bowl and add a few drops of water.
  4. Put it in the microwave for 20 seconds.
  5. Start by spreading the icing on the cupcakes.
  6. Dip the top of your cupcakes in the coconut flake bowl.
  7. Using a knife, cut the side of the cupcake horizontally and another one at an angle.
  8. Cut ¼ of a cookie, and press the bigger piece slowly in the cavity made.
  9. Put a bit of icing at the back of the Hershey’s Drop Cookies, and place it on the cupcake as eyes.
  10. Use the melted chocolate sprinkles to make the pupil. (Remember that Cookie Monster’s eyes are crazy!)

Add in the coloring
Cookie Monster Blue:)

Cookie Monster's Fur.EWWW!It's fur right?or hair?

Trim those lumps off.Trimm it..Trimmmm ittt!

It looks soo innocent on its own.really.


3/4 of the cookie goes to the Cookie Monster mouth, the rest,ends up in  mine.:)

Gigiku ngak bolong!Lol!

Add the eyes...

You could make two Cookie Monsters..



or

Four?


or 

a plateful?


or 

TWO platefuls?



Tangan di dada, mata ke atas.....

Sorry.I kept on having these funny thoughts in my mind.It must Amal's fault!Both Amal and Munie made me watch Jozan and what not.=.=' LAST PAYPER LAST PAYPER!=P
It easy and fun!Munie, Amal and I had a BLAST making this cupcakes!With the same method perhaps you could try making Oscar or Elmo too!:)
They sure make people smile!Enjoy!

Wasalam!

Till then,Bonsoir!
Love,
Anggerik 

Picture from: http://www.hersheysstore.com/product/7754

No comments:

Post a Comment