Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Summerset Sole,Featuring Miss Trisha Islam

Assalamualaikum!

My Montreal Experience


So I have been very lucky to be roomates with my lovely Trisha Islam for the past couple of days.Too bad she had to leave for Toronto this morning and later to Bangladesh.I'm so proud of her.So young and already going places and inching closer to her dreams.The way she talks about Bangladesh, the people,the politics,  AND ESPECIALLY THE FOOD!
So the other day,I came home from school and she made me lunch.This girl,always says that she can't cook.PFSH!(I sound so much like her.=p)She's lying.HER FOOD IS ALWAYS SCRUMPTIOUS.ALWAYS!She made butter chicken and tandoori from scratch!Yep,I'm THAT lucky!
So the other day she made me fish which was so good that I saved the fish for last.She didn't have a name for it so I decided to call it Summerset Sole.Why?It's fried Sole with black pepper and Havarti cheese on a bed of chunky tomato sauce.Go ahead and reread that all over again.The meal it self is sooo summer-y so thats why I decided to call the dish Summerset Sole.

Summerset Sole
300gram of Sole fish
1 tomato,diced
1 onion,diced
¼ cup of havarti cheese
oil
salt
pepper
  1. In a frying pan sautee the onion until it caramelizes.
  2. Add the tomato into the pan.As the tomato soften,use a fork to crush the chunks.
  3. Add add salt and pepper.Set aside.
  4. In the same pan,add some more oil (if needed) and fry both side of fish once.
  5. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste,and re-fry both sides.
  6. Serve fish with sauce and shredded havarti cheese on top.


On the side is salad with feta and balsamic vinegar

Like sunset,this dish can make you cry.It's THAT good.

Alhamdulillah for good food and great friends.I'm lucky they come together.;)

Till then,Bonsoir,
Love,
Anggerik.

No comments:

Post a Comment