Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Honey Lemon Chicken

Assalamualaikum!

Have you ever had a sudden craving for meat or chicken?I DO!! Barbecued meat,chicken or seafood are my favourite! Imagine...calamari wrapped in a banana leaf barbecued to perfection.then you slowly squeeze lime on your calamari and dip it into a hot and sweet sauce.HUARGH!!!!!*Me want*

Since the store that I went to didnt have whole chicken that is cut into pieces I bought two chicken thighs.I usually marinate the chicken with oyster sauce, black pepper and salt.But not this time.I find that baking a chicken saves a whole lot of time.Especially during exam times when you really don't have the time to chop he onion,wait for the gravy to thicken and it is even worse when you don't have enough ingredinents!
I eat a lot especially during exam times. I'm the kind of person who can't study if I'm hungry.=(

So if you're like me, this recipe is perfect for you.

Makes:1 Chicken Leg

Honey Lemon Chicken

1 Whole Chicken Leg
3 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoon of honey
a dash of pepper and salt
1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
Oil (for spraying)


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. In a bowl mix all of the ingredients except the chicken and oil
  3. Cut slits on the chicken
  4. Marinate the chicken thoroughly.
  5. Spray the pan with oil and a bit on the chicken.
  6. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes

Enjoy!

Of course you need a side dish with that!Something with carbs. I made baked potato slices and serve it with cheese and lemon yoghurt

Baked Potato Slices

2 Potatoes (washed and peeled)
A dash of salt and pepper
Olive oil
Mozzarela cheese
1/4 cup yogurt
a teaspoon of lemon juice
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit 
  2. Place the sliced potatoes on a baking pan 
  3. Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper
  4. Bake for 10 minutes
  5. In a small bowl combine the yogurt and lemon juice
  6. On the serving plate,alternate the baked potatoes with the cheese.
  7. Serve it with the lemon yogurt.
The marinade

Before...


and


After...



Baked Potatoes





Sorry for the oh-not-so-good-pictures.I told you, I made this during exam times.My mum asked, why the plates in my pictures are always the same.D'uh orang bujang nak beli banyak set bukan ada kenduri..Haha!Set of four ni pun xberapa nak pakai.Mummy..mummy..Can't wait to go back!!I planned to bake something nasty this evening but since I'll be using whipped cream,it's better to be eaten straight away.Since I'm here alone and wasn't planning to invite anyone over, I decided to postpone that sinful project.

Take time to make good food.I always find that eating with someone else is always a pleasure.Food really does connect people.

Take care.Wasalam

Till then,Bonsoir,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment