Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pinã Colada Cuppies

Assalamualaikum!

Hola!:) Just got back from my Toronto/Niagara Falls trip last night. IT WAS AN ADVENTUROUS ONE I tell ya.Will update that in a later blogpost.I just want to let things sink in and the excitement wear off first. Or else I’ll be typing like mad and miss little details. Also, Canada had a pretty rough week so, breathe Sofhan. Breathe.
So for now, let’s have happy thoughts in mind shall we?
I always like to experiment on cakes and cupcakes. But the thing is I don’t really like to eat them. I love sweet stuffs but for some reason, cupcakes are not my favorite thing to eat. But to bake, yes! The possibilities are endless.
I always wait for an occasion to bake something OR I’ll have a baking craze when I’m stressed out. So the other day I was stressed out AND there was an event. It was pretty last minute and I had to bake with what I had in my pantry. I wanted to try making Hummingbird Cupcakes but then again, I didn’t have any pecans at home. Oh well..So I decided to make Pineapple cupcakes instead. As I was googling for recipes I came across Pinã Colada Cupcakes. In my head I go YES YES YESSS!Perfectos for the Summer-o!
I took the recipe from here but of course with some alterations!: http://iheartcuppycakes.com/2010/01/31/pina-colada-cupcakes/
Suchhh a cute name!



Pinã Colada Cupcakes

(makes 12)
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
1/2 cup of canned crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
1/3 cup pineapple juice from the canned pineapples
1/3 cup coconut flakes
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahreneheit.
  2. In a bowl, mix the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs and yolk one at a time until well combined.
  4. Then, add the crushed pineapples.
  5. Add the pineapple juice and flour alternately in three additions.
  6. Use a spoon to fold the coconut flakes into the batter.
  7. Spoon the batter into lined cupcakes pan.
  8. Bake for 20 -22 minutes.  
Ananas teehee..

Butter, sugar and eggs.

Add the ananas..teehee


Coconut flakes,join the club
Before

After, don't they look lovely?
Pineapple Icing and Topping

1/2 cup of French Vanilla Icing
2 tablespoon of pineapple juice
1/2 cup toasted salted coconut flakes

  1. Mix the icing with pineapple and its juice.
  2. Spread on cupcakes
  3. Garnish with coconut flakes

Icing and pineapple
Mixed icing
Have one

or..


the whole tray...


Surprisingly the cupcakes weren't as sweet as I thought it'll be.But the icing,oh boy that was SUH-WEEEET!So next time, I'll use buttercream instead of French Vanilla Icing.Ergh.Plus it's too runny in this Summer weather.So buttercream should we a better option!Plus, you could half the recipe for this icing, because I had quite a bit of extras in my fridge.
Mummy will definitely LOVE these!

I didn't have much time to make these babies.Plus I had a final exam on Human Brain and Cognition the next week.Alhamdulillah done with that class but let me tell you,it's the BEST CLASS in MCGILL!The professor,the materials, I could not get enough of it!IT'S THAT GOOD!Now I'm doing another summer class, Perception.God help me on this!We started the class last Monday and BAM next Monday is our midterm.Four chapters to study for.OH JOY!

Have fun baking!
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

Wasalam.

Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik.

1 comment:

  1. really awesome looking, I can't be more proud of my lil girl who's potentially getting married soon, iAllah.. ><

    =P

    man, miss u mtl girls!!

    xx wslm xx

    Liana;)

    ReplyDelete