Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Beauty Box!

Assalamualikum.

I LOVE make-ups.But...I don't wear any.I do wear kohl and lip gloss/lip stick when I go out.But that's all.No foundation, no concealer no nothing.The reason being is that, I don't have time to wash it all off when I do my wudu'.Especially when we pray in between classes.Even then I'll put my watch and bracelts back on while walking to class, or while IN class.How?Oh how?

I've been hearing/reading about beauty boxes for quite a while.They are the ones that you pay a specific amount of money every month and they'll send you a box of samples. The price is rather inexpensive.It's only 10$-15$ per month for 5 or so products and some are really high end ones. So..I decided to give it a shot.I ordered a Glymm Box for the month of June for 12$/( http://www.glymm.com/). We did a questionnaire beforehand so that they could match the perfect color and products for us.

So here is how the packaging looks like..



And this is what I received...


1)LA FRESH Eco-Beauty® Acetone-Free Nail Polish RemoverIntense Radiance Mask
2)BELVADA Duo Lipstick | Harmony
3)SALVADORE DALI ItIsDream       
 4)VITAMIN & SEA Perfect Skin Solution 
5)CLARK’S BOTANICALS Intense Radiance Mask     

1) I haven't tried the this product since..I don't really wear nail polish...I eat with my hands..so..eating with colors on my nails..doesn't seem as appetizing.

2)I have tried the Baveda Harmony Lipstick.LOVE it LOVE it!The colour that I got was Natural Earth.I always try to keep my lips as natural as possible.I know what you're thinking, if I like it to be natural, why bother putting anything onto it?Right?I have this problem where I can look really pale.Like really.I look sick.Especially in pictures.Having this natural colored lipstick or lip gloss on, I don't look as sick and at the same time, I don't look overly done.I have a deep red lipstick that, I think looks horrible on me.Perhaps I'm just not used to putting obvious colors on my lips..oh well.This Harmony Lipstick has two ends.One for the lipstick and one for the balm.SWEET!That way I don't have to bring lipstick annnd lip balm in my purse!Again, LOVE LOVE it!

3)I admit it, I just sprayed the perfume on my wrist so that I'll know how to describe it.Hah!To be honest the first time I smelt it, it definitely reminds me of Forever and Ever by Dior.Oh I am soooo in love with that perfume. That's the perfume that mommy wears. That's the thing that I'm not sure of, do I love it because of the sweetness of its smell?or because it reminds me of mommy?BOTH.This perfume however smells slightly stronger and sexier.Okay.I admit it, I sprayed it on my wrist again. There fruity scent definetly brings out the youthfulness of this perfume.
Talking about perfumes I had been looking for a new perfume for myself. I'm absolutely 100% a floral person. ABSOLUTELY!Those who knows me well know how much I love flowers and anything feminine.I went to the Gucci counter the other day while accompanying Trisha and smelt one of their new perfumes.Gucci Flora.It smells wonderful.WONDERFUL! I was also thinking that I should perhaps get J'adore by Dior. Luck was on my side, Maryam gave me hers before she left.Alhamdulillah!J'adore smells amazing. It smells like flowers,yet there is an elegant sense to it with a  hint of sensuality.Yes.I'm bad at describing...Let's move on..

4)I've tried this product  only ONCE.The smell, again, is amazing. It reminds me of Banyan tree.Anything that reminds me of Banyan tree wins my heart.For sure.The reason why I haven't religiously dab this oil on my face everynight is because I'm still using my Clinique 3-Step Set. By this time of the year last year, I don't really have to follow the 3 step routine anymore but nope..Not this year.Half of my face is peeling and the other half is dealing with break outs.Yeappp.So perhaps when my skin is better insyaAllah.

5)I haven't tried product number 5 either because of the same reason.=(

More info on the products click here :http://myproducts.glymm.com/

Plus I also got..
A make up bag. Which I have quite a few already!But this one is smaller than the other ones I have which is perfect to put in my purse if I have events or gatherings to go to!I usually bring my lotion/cream and what not as well!

So there you go.My first every beauty box.Would I order again?We'll see..

Have a great weekend and take care of yourself!
Wasalam!

Till then, Salut!
Love,
Sofhan    

2 comments: