Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Lost Flower


The Lost Flower

A day like no other,
I came across a beautiful flower,
Delicate, and soft underneath my rough hand,
The smell, oh it gives summer its scent,
Beauty is its gift to us, a paradise,
Breath-taking, in my two own eyes.

Oh how it made me happy,
I loved it, I cherished it,
If only the flower could see,
What it does to me.

Being me, I selfishly kept it,
Kept it in my hands, kept in my heart,
I tried to protect it,
From the wind and rain that came,
So that nothing will change,
And everything will stay the same.

But fate says otherwise,
Attachment comes with a price,
Perhaps it’s time, to put things behind,
Letting go the flower, which is no longer mine,
A lesson that I learned today,
As I let the flower go on its way,
I let it float on the river,
May the stream brings it closer,
To the place, that is better,
Better than here.

With sadness and tears,
Each times it’s harder,
As every passing minute brings us further,
I wish you the best in the future,
You are indeed a special flower.

My dear Dahlia.

No comments:

Post a Comment