Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The silent music of the moonlight

Assalamualaikum

Last night was the Nuit Balanche a Montreal or Montreal High Lights Festival. Should've worn something thicker.I was freezing and my teeth were chattering after a while. The fireworks were pretty. The music was good. I wish i have my own skates so that i can skate under the moonlight.Talking about moonlight,this is a poem i wrote for my English 3U course and No!My bestfriend is still alive and reading this.I love you!=D


Moonlight becomes you


Dear best friend,
Upon the beach I stand,
As the sun kissed the sand,
Wishing you’re here to hold my hand,
When my tears fall on the sand.

Yesterday,
We watched the moon rise,
Learning that life is full of surprise,
You’re always there,
With our feet bare,
While the wind blew our hair,
On this sacred place we share.

Yesterday,
You catch me when I fall,
You taught me how to stand up tall,
As we listened to the rhythm of the ocean,
The air is filled with quiet emotions,
Above us was a full moon,
Why dear friend, do you have to go so soon?

Yesterday,
We wished upon a star so bright,
And you taught me how to dance,
To the silent music of the moonlight,
Praying for another chance,
“When you look at the sea,
Pretend you’re with me,”
That was what you last said,
Isn’t it my beloved soul mate?

That was 10 years ago today,
Finally,
Looking at the wide blue sea,
I’m letting both of us free,
As the breeze caresses my face,
I can feel your embrace,
Powerful, yet full of grace,
Our memories will never be erased,
In my heart it will always stay,


Do you remember?
On the 9th of October?
When we promised to be friends forever?


Till then,Salut.
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment