Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Fasta Pasta

Assalamualaikum,

Not being in school means you're home most of the time and the tendency to 'slongkaq' the fridge is higher.
Feeling hungry and craving for cheese (and the need to finish the mushroom before it goes bad),i decided to make mushroom baked pasta for lunch.=) Yeay!

We have this really yummy Laksa Penang in our fridge!(our house reeked of ikan kembung,like seriously) But i'm allergic to belancan,so i can only feast my eyes.8(

LETS MOVE ON!The best thing about making casseroles or pastas is that we can always cook them without using a recipe (the Italians are going to kill me for saying that,but oh well).Like Chef Smith for Chef at Home said it,"the best recipe is cooking without a recipe".

Oh!I'm trying to have a healthier diet did i tell you?So for this recipe, i cut down the amount of cheese used and opt for vegetable oil instead of butter.=D

Mushroom Baked Pasta

A handful of button mushrooms
A handful of parsley
1 tomato
4 cloves of garlic
A cup of cooked pasta (I used Angel Hair)
1 cup of milk
2 tablespoon of flour
1 cup of chicken stock
Pepper and salt to taste

1)Preheat the Oven to about 350 degree Fahrenheit
2) Cook the pasta al dente.
3) Chop the mushrooms,garlic,parsley and tomato anyway you like it.
4)Heat up the oil in a saucepan and sautee the garlic and mushroom until the mushroom softens.
5)Add the the tomatoes and stir for a minute or so.
6)Add the milk and the chicken stock.And continue stirring.
7)Add the the flour and let the sauce thicken.
8)Add chunks of cheese.
9)Let parsley join in the hot tub.Season it with pepper and salt.
10)Put in a casserole dish then let the and put the baby in the sauna a.k.a oven for 10 minutes or so.
Then,Boom Baby!Its ready to be served!=D

I only realized that we had bell peppers after putting my babies in the oven,so next time bell peppers.Next time!I used Mozzarella because thats the only one we have.Go for Cheddar or Parmesan if you want something more sharp.I tried Monterey Jack cheese and fell in love with it!Jack is really yummy and doesn't smell.I'll have dinner with him ANY DAY i tell ya!

Anyhoos,i find the flavor of the chicken stock overwhelming.The forgetful me,forgot to keep the water from the boiled pasta and needed a substitute for that amount of liquid.I didn't want to use milk because as I've said,i need to cut down the fat .=) And if you realize that i used vegetable oil instead of OLIVE OIL.I know that the vegetable oil is not virgin and all but oh well,i used the last drop of olive oil for the lasagna last week.So if you have olive oil in hand,USE THEM!TASTES EVEN BETTER!
And if you your pasta slightly spicy,by all means,add chili flakes or tobasco.Yeay!I love tobasco too.

Oh and btw,if your oven is super duper not antique like mine,use the broiler.For only 5 mins or so.I love antiques but only for display.=/

I just love mushrooms!I love them soo much that once i actually thought of owning a mushroom farm.Why not right?Ngeee!*happy face*


I'm too lazy/hungry to shred the cheese so i cut them in chunks!yeay!A round of applause for the lazy chef,my mum would be so proud(Not!)=D
Its the taste that counts (just to make myself feel better)

P/s: I don't have a camera because i don't like to take pictures (I like to be IN them).Thinking of getting one,hurm..we'll see.I don't think my handphones like to be covered in flour and smell like fish all the time.

I certainly use a lot of the word LOVE in this post.But oh well,I do love everything around me.Just that EVERYONE i love is not around me.=(

Till then,Salut!
Love
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment