Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Salmon with Tarragon Butter Sauce

Assalamualaikum!

During the exam season, I ate crap. Well, that's not really nice of me to say that since that is my rezk! However,I was pressed for time so I made fried rice with hot dogs. Very NUTRITIOUS and HEALTHY. I wish. I had four exams in one week which was crazy! After I finished my exams, I didn't really feel like eating rice so decided to pan fry some Salmon. I can't remember the measurements exactly but my dear friend wanted a recipe, so why not...

Salmon with Tarragon Butter Sauce
300g of salmon fillet
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoon of butter
2 sprigs of tarragon


  1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both side.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a pan. 
  3. Once the oil is hot, put the salmon on the pan, skin side down.
  4. Once the flesh near the skin turns opaque,flip the salmon and fry for a minute or so. 
  5. Remove from heat and pat dry using a paper towel.
  6. In the same pan, melt the butter using medium heat.
  7. Add sprigs of tarragon and let butter brown for about 3 minutes.
  8. Season with salt and pepper.
  9. Pour onto salmon and enjoy.


From watching numerous cooking shows, I learnt that the best way to cook salmon is to leave the middle part translucent. In other words, cooking it half way. Usually while you let your fish rest, it will cook further on its own. But hey,I LOVE SASHIMI. So I wouldn't mind if my fish is raw.The butter that i used is semi salted.Feel free to add more salt or skip it altogether. It would've been lovely if this dish is served with perhaps some watercress salad on the side to wash the creaminess down.

Wasalam.
Till then,

Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment