Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Apple and Brie Crisscross Galette

Assalamualaikum

So when I made the Brie Stuffed Apples En Croute, I realized how beautifully Brie, apple and puff pastry work together. PERFECT MATCH. MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN. MEANT TO BE. Okay we get it. I was thinking of hashtagging those words just now but restrained myself. Hashtagging…The words we use these days. I tweeted,I googled, I hashtagged, I facebooked, I youtubed…goodness gracious me. Let’s not get carried away now shall we. My friend Trish and I went to the Fifth Harmony Concert awhile back. Talk about being OLD!!! These kids are not even close to being legal, came with their parents, and screamed when 1D song was on. Can you imagine how these girls would react if 1D is in front of them? HORROR! There we were, standing in the middle of school kids looking all awkward. Hahaha. I nearly lost my hearing but it was fun nonetheless. Acting all young and carefree while in my head all I could think of is school work! I’m such a party person. Not.
Anyways let’s get back to food shall we. After eating stuffed apples, it hit me, why don’t I just make a pie out of it? So I did. Yum Yum YUMM!(If you know me well enough, say this in my voice=p)  I was thinking of making a normal galette (free form pie) but…why not we play around and make crisscross pattern just for the fun of it.. and I did. Just like the stuffed apples, this pie/galette is perfect for tea or breakfast. Yes, Breakfast. You can have pie for breakfast. No one’s judging you. I just had biryani with korma for breakfast, so what? I once had salsa with eggs for breakfast too. Delish. All I’m saying is, no one should judge you for anything you do (reminding myself at the same time) especially not your breakfast plate.  Yummy breakfast is a  great kick start of the day. Go on...make this galette and enjoy the rest of your day…

Apple and Brie Galette
1 sheet of puff pastry
2 medium sized apples
50g brie
1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
Honey (optional)

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. Wash, peel and core the apples. Slice the apples thinly.
  3. Arrange the apples on the puff pastry, leaving 1 inch boarders around the edges.
  4. Put dollops of the brie on the onto the apples,
  5. On the boarders of the pastry, cut half inch strips. Create a crisscross pattern using these strips.
  6. In a bowl, mix the egg with water. Brush this mixture onto the pastry.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
  8. Serve with honey or glaze the pie with some jam mixed with water.


 It’s definitely not your average apple pie/galette. But it’s worth the try! 

Wasalam.

Till then,

Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment