Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Brie Stuffed Apples En Croute

Assalamualaikum!

It definitely has been awhile! This semester was crazy as usual. Midterms, quizzes, papers, break downs, finals etc. I have been baking a lot, but for some reasons, too lazy to type the recipe up.HAH! In October I went apple picking for the first time ever! It was amazing! Endless rows of apple trees with different colors and sizes for us to pick and eat. AMAZING I tell you. Zainab and I, being girls, took the first hour just taking pictures and posing here and there like nobody’s business. Then, we had a limited time to actually pick apples and pumpkins. We ended up with about 10 kg of apples. Boy oh boy! Jakun  uolls.
The apples were crunchy and juicy! Prior to this trip, I stumbled upon this recipe: here. This was where I got my inspiration from. To be honest, I don’t really care much about pears. I mean, I’ll eat them, but they wouldn't be my first choice from a fruit bowl. Anyways, I used apples instead of pears and add the honey AFTER I baked my apples. Apple en Croute is a bit too heavy for dessert but it is fantastic for breakfast or tea. Enjoy...

Brie Stuffed Apple en Croute
5 Medium sized apples
2 sheets of Puff Pastry
125g brie
1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
Honey 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. Wash the apples thoroughly. Cut the top of the apple and set aside.
  3. Make a hole in the apple.
  4. Fill the apple with a dollop of brie and cover the apple with its top.
  5. Cut the puff pastry into one inch strips.
  6. Wrap the apple with strips of puff pastry. Set aside
  7. In a bowl, mix the egg and water.
  8. Brush the egg wash (egg water mixture) on the pastry.
  9. Bake apples for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
  10. Drizzle with some honey

















Fancy shmancy dishes are not that hard to make!:)
Stay warm Montrealers!:)

Wasalam.

Till then,Love,

Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment