Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baked Mashed Potatoes


Assalamualaikum!

Can you believe that today is the 15th day of Ramadhan? Time flies! Lately I’ve been doing things that I shouldn’t have. Especially when I’m fasting. Yes I have sinned! Sinned by watching cooking videos on Youtube and going through recipes in the cookbooks. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING SOFFY?!Which brings me to this post. I was watching Laura Vitale on Youtube yesterday and came across baked mashed potatoes and I was like *gulp*.WE.HAVE.POTATOES.IN.THE.FRIDGE….should i? Yes I should and I did.=)

Baked Mashed Potatoes
500g Potatoes
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup butter
3 cloves of garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Italian seasoning
1/2 cup of mozzarella
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon of Parmesan
A dash of olive oil. 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
  2. Wash,peel and dice potatoes. Boil in salted water until the potatoes cooked and softened
  3. In a large bowl, finely mash the potatoes
  4. In a pan, melt butter and add thinly chopped garlic
  5. Once the garlic softened, remove from heat.
  6. Add the garlic butter into the mashed potatoes. Stir well.
  7. (For finer mashed potatoes, you can run it through a metal sieve)
  8. Add milk, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cheese. Stir well
  9. Pour the mashed potatoes into a baking dish
  10. Cover the top with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese as well as some more mozzarella cheese (if you like)
  11. Drizzle the top with some olive oil
  12. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown

Mixed potatoes..i know..*head down*

MELT THOSE FATS!

Mash'em good

Cheese is good for you.really.

Homemade breadcrumbs




 Done done done! A slight twist to the usual mashed potatoes. The real recipe calls for Mascarpone cheese or cream cheese which will make the potatoes EXTRA creamy. But we’re out of cream cheese. I’d definitely recommend eating this with a bit of sour cream. OH MY PUASA LA! It was a challenge to make this dish without tasting it during the cooking process. It turned out fine. Alhamdulillah.

I baked a Japanese Cheesecake the other day which Alhamdulillah WAS DELICIOUS! But, x snap gambar dah habis.How now?
My sister and I also made homemade Fettuccini Olio Aglio. Everything from scratch! Everything. Even that, went down our tummies without us snapping a good picture of it. That’s the problem that I’m currently facing during Ramadhan. :p

Less than 10 days of Ramadhan left =( Let’s all increase our ibadah and du’as insyaAllah.Also, let’s reflect on how much have we changed since Ramadhan starts.We still have time for those extra prayers and deeds!Yalla!

Wasalam

Till then,Bonjour,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment