Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mirrors Don't Lie


Assalamualaikum

As I wrote in the last post, this year is about reflection. Have you ever asked yourself why you’re so stubborn? So lazy? So arrogant? So ignorant? So hot tempered? Often times, no. Because most of the times, we don’t even realize it.

Some may already know that I’m switching my major to Psychology and of course I’m taking bah-jhillion psychology courses and is forced to finish thick textbooks that could work for 1) exercising 2) protection. Psychology really did open my eyes. When you learn about people’s behavior you will automatically reflect that on yourself. At least for me. Why am I so this and so that? Do you I have issues?Oh yes , I do. But this was the most crucial part of all. The realization.

The other thing that has become a habit of mine is observing others around me. And what did I realize? That I’m not exactly a pleasant person. Well not to my standards anyways .How do I know this? Here is how…Often times we pray that Allah will guide us to be a better person and as for me, my prayers were answered in a way that I didn’t expect. I am forever thankful, Alhamdulillah. Have you ever watched the movies about the Christmas Ghost of the past and future? Where you’re life is like a movie before your eyes and you were the audience? It’s somewhat like that. There must be times when you observe people around you, and you realize that you might not like someone because of their attitude and funnily enough, quite a number of times, I see myself in these people.

Have you ever met a person who is “always” right (to themselves anyways)?I have.
Have you ever met someone who needs o have the last say every time? I have.
Have tolerable you ever met someone who wants everyone to tolerate her behaviors yet she herself is not tolerant? I have.
Have you ever met someone who likes to debate over simplest things? I have.
Have you ever met someone who easily loses his/her temper? I have.

How do I feel when I’m around these people? Ouch..Being a sensitive person that I am.It hurts. It really does. What’s scary is that these people reflect me. I could see myself in their shoes and I don’t like it at all. Looking at yourself in another person, can be an awakening experience. I can guarantee it! The best thing about it is when you try to fix your own flaws, you know where to start.

What is disturbing  is that we might already know some of our bad attributes and still feel it is okay .Wrong! It’s not acceptable at all! Next time you are in the presence of someone makes you squirm on the insides or grit your teeth, ask yourself why and are you somewhat similar to that person?

If you were to spend a day with another you, would you have a great time?

Wasalam.

Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment