Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Curry Mee/Mi Kari

Assalamualaikum!

So I told you about how I always crave for this and that right?So one of the things that I LOVE MOST is Curry mee.The thing is mama never made this at home.At least not that I can remember.Once,when i was still in MRSM PC, I stopped by at a restaurant at the airport.The thing about staying at a place where everything is considerably cheap is that you'll find yourself saying "Mahal nya semangkuk pun RM5!".I was like what the heck.AND BOY WASN'T THAT A TURNING POINT IN MY LIFE!It was THAT good.From then on,I'd go there when I'm heading back home.So since then,I have always wanted to try making them but never did.(Whats wrong with me?) Perhaps because I tried making Egg Curry and turned out to be a major disaster...

Anyways,I found a recipe on My Resipi website.Here's the link :http://www.myresipi.com/top/detail/3235
Of course I added my own twist to it.So here's my version of the recipe:

Curry Mee

300g of medium sized prawns
1 packet of spaghetti
3 tablespoon of curry powder (Mixed with water to form a paste)
6 small shallots
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch of ginger
1 stick of cinnamon

1 slice of dried tamarind
A dash of star anise and cloves

1 cup of coconut milk
1 cube of chicken stock
2 cups of water (++)
Dried chilli powder
Tofu
A handful of spinach
Boiled Eggs
Oil
Salt to taste
  1. Put the prawns in a pot filled with 1 cup of slightly salted water and bring it to a boil.(Or until the prawns are cooked)
  2. Keep the broth in a bowl and peel the prawns
  3. Blend the shallots,garlic and ginger.( I don't have a blender so I cut them into small pieces and used the bottom of a bottle as pestle.teehee)
  4. In a pot,start by light frying the blended ingredients and add the cinnamon stick, star anise and cloves.
  5. Add the curry paste and wait for it to slightly dry (I'm scared that I might burn them that is why i quickly put in the santan:))
  6. Add the chicken broth,coconut milk,the prawn broth and another cup of water (If its too thick).
  7. Sprinkle more salt if its too blend and add the dried tamarind.Wait for it too boil.
  8. Add in tofu and spinach.
  9. Serve with any kind of noodle(mine is mee kuning) and boiled eggs.
  10. Garnish with fried onion and spring onion.

Now Im hungry.Hehe.I made nasi lemak the other day.I was soo happy that I found a Pandan Extract and wanted to try it out.The thing that didn't hit me was that it is green.Legit goblin green.So I'll be having green nasi lemak for lunch.Hehe.

Wasalam.
Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

1 comment:

  1. I would have came to your apartment every time, if I had known you made these delicious dishes. I am salivating. Miss you!

    - Sadaf

    ReplyDelete