Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Spinato

Assalamualaikum,

These past few days, I've been trying to make McConnell library my second home because I simply can't study at home.I have no idea why.Maybe the table is too small.(Don't ask me whats the connection between small table and studying).Studying makes me hungry=(.Anyways, I've been feeling pretty tired too.I wake up tired and falling asleep in my classes.*not good.not good*and i ate a lot too!Yesterday alone i ate a hash brown,2 waffles with butter and syrup and hot choc for breakfast.For lunch i ate a bagel with cream cheese and hot chocolate again (the weather was chilly) and in the evening i ate rice with tofu and egg tom yum and for dinner i finished the rice with the tom yum and had another bagel with creamceese AND jam and ice cream.YEAY.To which my mum asked "kawan2 tak marah ke,kapi makan banyak sangat karang diorang xdapat makan?".No worries mum!Makanan blana kokna!Plus she said I look chubbier.I call this Happy Fat.

I found some frozen ground beef in our fridge and first thing that pops into my mind is tomato ground beef stuffed pita that my mum always made for us when we were younger.It was heavenly especially during Ramdhan.So because I miss mum and her food,I decided to make ground beef stuffed pita using my own recipe.=D Spinato is actually spinach and tomato.hah!Sounds Italian no?I know I'm lame as it is..now this?haha..

Spinato Ground Beef
3 cloves garlic
1/2 of onion
1 bowl of spinach
1 big tomato
2 tablespoon tomato puree
Olive oil
500g ground beef
a handful cilantro
1/2 tablespoon chili flakes
Kalamata olives 
A LOT of cheese
Salt
All Italian seasoning
Tomato paste,spinach paste,ground beef and chopped cilantro,garlic,onion and olives.


1)Chop the garlic,onion,tomato,olives and cilantro into small pieces and put a side.
In a food processor or a blender,put in the spinach,quarter of the cut tomato and oil.Puree until smooth.
3)In a big saucepan,dry then cook the ground beef.
4)After it is cooked,put aside and pour in oil and sautee the onion and garlic until it is cameralized (i didn't wait that long because i was running late)=)
4)Then add in the spinach puree,tomato puree,ground beef, olives and cilantro.Mix well.
5)Add the seasoning and salt to taste.

Yeap.We're done!
Yeay!

So this is how you put it together,(I used Greek style pita and mozzarella cheese=)

CHEESE,tomato and pita bread.


Slice the bread into 2.


Put the ground beef on one slice of the bread.

Add the tomatoes and cheese.Then, toss them into the oven.

Dig in!
Instead of using cheese,maybe you can try using cream cheese and add MORE chilli flakes to make it spicier or paprika even.Next time,we'll try arab style ground beef.=)

Don't you just lovvvvveeee cilantro?!I DO!The smell boy oh boy!!Call me crazy but i love to go and sniff things..especially in grocery stores oh wait.the florist comes first..anyways..I was at this Asian restaurant the other day and I was sniffing my laksa loudly at the counter (trust me,I am the only one who is able to SNIFF loudly..speaking loudly is not enough for me)..and the guy in front of me turned around and just looked at me (no surprise)..and I was like,"Reminds me of home" and smiled.He just looked and left (i don't remember if he smiled but whatever).I've been telling everyone that I don't need anyone to help embarrass myself.I'm just sooo good at it.Wait till i tell you about Enrique!Haha!I'll tell that some other time.Lets just say that thank goodness he is hot enough to be embarrassed about.

Till then,Salut
Love,
Anggerik


3 comments:

  1. comel! :)

    when i read ur posts, it sounds really cute. like, it make me to feel really missing u... huhu...

    all the best anggerik :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are absolutely adorable and suuuuch an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete