Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Banyan Tree

Assalamualikum!

University life is never easy and never relaxing.The never ending workloads,quizzes and test.boy oh boy.In a about a month time,I'll be lazing around under the Malaysian sun,cuddling with mum and put more fat in myself.Anyhoos, my mum is a fan of chef wan.This one particular time,she excitedly copied down one of his recipes called Pla Sam Rot which means,3 flavored fish if i'm not mistaken.In the past,i didn't remember being a huge fan of it,but i know my sister Ahya' LOVES it! The thing about being away,you start craving for food you don't even like.

Pla Sam Rot

2 Fillets of fish (I used Cod Fish)
1 Egg yolk (lazy me,i just used the whole thing)
4 tablespoon of cornstarch 
a pinch(or two) of salt
8 red chili
2 cloves of garlic
a handful of coriander
2 tablespoon of vinegar
3 tablespoon of fish sauce
1/4 cup of diluted tamarind juice
2 tablespoon of sugar

Fish/Pla
1)Cut the fish fillets into smaller pieces. 
2)Beat the egg, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.Cover the fish fillets with this batter and set it aside.
3)In a sauce pan,fry the fish fillets until its golden brown.


Fish in batter
Fried ish
Sauce
1)Chop the coriander finely.
2)Blend the chilies and garlic.
3)In a saucepan,sautee the blended chilies and garlic.
4)Add fish sauce, tamarind juice,vinegar and sugar.Mix well
5)Stir in the coriander until it is slightly wilted.
Serve with white rice.=D

Ingredients for the sauce


Fish and sauce

=D


For some reason,my pla sam rot does not taste as good as mom's.There's this bitter after taste.Yikes.
Plus,it'll look wayyyyyy better if you use red chillies instead.

Anyhoos,talking about Thailand,the first thing that will come to my mind is Banyan Tree.

The place where I learned to listen to New Age music,my favourite one yet,



Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment