Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Salted Caramel Sauce

Assalamualaikum!

Today was a beautiful day. I got to wear my skirt out! Yeay! I love wearing skirts. It’s all girly and feminine. I don’t know where I’m going with this…

A couple of weeks back; I was given the honor to decorate a dessert table. I was ecstatic! Too excited for my own good. =D I know I wanted to make a big cake because I wouldn't bake big cakes unless I have an occasion to serve them. Of course this is the perfect opportunity to try new recipes. What goes with chocolate? I know. Salted Caramel; it’s so delicious and requires only a couple of ingredients, can be eaten on buttered toast in the morning, can be drizzled on ice creams or brownies, or be turned into a scrumptious buttercream. So here is the recipe for a basic salted caramel sauce…
Original recipe: here

Salted Caramel
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/3 cup of (salted/non-salted/semi salted) butter, cut into small cubes
½ cup of heavy cream/whipping cream
1 teaspoon of salt

  1. Put the sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir using a wooden spoon.
  2. Melt the sugar until it is golden brown.
  3. Stir in the cubed butter until it melts.
  4. Then, add the cream into the sauce pan and mix well. Let it boil for about 1 minute.
  5. Turn off the heat and mix in the salt.
The sauce may bubble throughout, so be careful! I don’t think it matters what kind of butter you use. If you use salted butter, and you don’t like extreme saltiness, reduce the amount of salt.or add more if you think it is not enough,it's your call. Let it cool a bit and be careful when you try your sauce. The smarty-pants me burned my tongue. Also, although the original recipe uses spatula, make sure yours can actually handle the heat!Mine melted!SO I had to re-do the recipe. Hah!=p



Here I made cake balls or I like to call them cake truffles using my salted caramel buttercream (recipe here) and drizzle the salted caramel sauce on top. YUM! Perfect as gifts or bite size dessert!



Its sunny out, go and take in all the sun!=D

Wasalam,
Till then.

Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment