Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Salted Caramel Buttercream

Assalamualaikum

After the last post, I think I should share the recipe for the Salted Caramel Buttercream. One thing for sure, this buttercream is SUPER SWEET.I mean…it is caramel… Combining it with cakes that are also sweet would be a disaster! So thank goodness my chocolate cake is on the less sweet side.

Salted Caramel Buttecream
1/3 cup of salted Caramel sauce (recipe here)
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cup shortening (room temperature)
3 cup icing sugar

  1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and shortening for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
  2. Mix in the salted caramel sauce until well combined
  3. Add the icing sugar ½ cup at a time. Taste the buttercream as you go. Mix well. 

Because we use less sugar than usual, it may be less stiff than usual.  Although the consistency is still perfect for piping, you can see how the buttercream is shinier and may be more sensitive to heat.
I decided to go for a simple swirl design for this cake. Decorating a cake in Malaysia can be pretty daunting. The heat melts everything! On the other hand, my salted caramel sauce stiffens reallllllly quickly here. Haih..what to do..Either I have to start piping my buttercream in the fridge when I’m in Malaysia, or pipe my salted caramel on the heater when I’m in Montreal…You do what you gotta do....








Here are some pictures of my first ever dessert table...





Thanks Farhana for the pictures! I feel so happy today...for unknown reasons..Alhamdulillah for everything. For the today's sunshine, today's meals, family's love,opportunities and everything else. Have you thanked our Lord today?:)

Take care, Wasalam.

Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment