Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Clam Soup

Hello!*blows cyber cobwebs off*

I haven’t blogged for so long! Because of that, there were quite a number of recipes that I forgot to write down and now I have no idea what I put in some of the glorious meals made before. Oh well. I obvs had to write down a couple of recipes that I would come back to.

Anyhoos, Jaya Grocer is fiiiiiinaly open near my office. Wandering through fancy supermarkets is one of my favorite pastimes. Walking through aisles and aisles of ingredients that came from numerous parts of the world! Sigh. I could rarely walk out empty handed! Recently I spotted packets of clams on sale! CLAMSSS!!!!!!!!Who could say no to clams? Just a week or so before I was dreaming of dunking garlic bread in a hot soupy seafood broth. Yass!It's a sign I tell you.

I came across Zuppa di Vongole recipe and I tweaked it a bit using the ingredients that I already had at home.

Clam Soup 
(Makes 2 portions)

400g  fresh clams
2 tablespoon of olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
half teaspoon of chili powder
¾ cup bottled tomato sauce/pasta sauce
1 cup water
½ cube of anchovy cube
Salt,to taste
  
  1. Wash the clams and soak in water for about 30 minutes to get rid of the saltiness. Set aside
  2. In a pot, pour in the olive oil chopped garlic  and chili powder together. (The flavor will infuse better)
  3. Sauté the garlic on a medium heat for about 1 minute
  4. Add the tomato sauce, water and anchovy cube. Let simmer.
  5. Add the clams and close this lid of the pot. Cook for about 5 minutes or so until the clams open.
  6. Taste for seasoning. Add salt if needed.
  7. Serve while hot.


Please note that bottled tomato sauce and ketchup are two different things. I remember vividly the argument that my sister and I had. It is a sauce made from crushed tomatoes. No? Ketchup has vinegar etc in it right? So no. Please do not put ketchup in this soup. Bleargh. Please Pardon the picture, it was a weeknight dinner after all. Annnd, no. I did not get any artisan bread to dunk into the soup. Next time, maybe.




Bon Appétite!

Love,
Soffy

No comments:

Post a Comment