Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Brûléed Cheesecake

Assalamualaikum.

The day before I left Montréal for good, the girls and I had our last lunch together at Lola Rosa on Milton. I ordered this scrumptious Ginger and Basil Crème Brûlée and DIED. Went to dessert heaven and came back. While I was enjoying my dessert, my friend was us telling about the Crème Brûlée cheesecake that her colleague made for her. What? Wait What? Crème Brûlée? Cheesecake? Creme Brûlée Cheesecake? WHAT?!!!!!!How in the world did I not know about its existence?! WHAT?!

Anyways, I did some research…turns out..Creme Brûlée Cheesecake is a brûléed cheesecake (I could be completely wrong but after looking at a couple of recipes, this was what I concluded). Basically you bake a cheesecake of any kind and let the baby cool. Once your delicious cheesecake has cooled, sprinkle some sugar on it and broil it under the broiler for a couple of minutes or use a blow torch to melt the sugar into a layer of sugar wonderland on your cheesecake. Serve immediately to have that “crunchy” effect.

Mind you it takes a split second for the sugar to burn. So broil the cheesecake in 350 degree celcius for only a couple of minutes (2-4 minutes).

Here I used my trusted New York Cheesecake recipe.



Hamna,hamna…come to mama…


Till then, Wasalam.
Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment