Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Homemade Blueberry Jam

Assalamualaikum
I rarely consume jams of any kind. Recently I rediscovered scones and what a delight it was! Especially if it is paired with some jam and cream! Whenever I buy jams, I usually use them as a glaze or in this case a filling for my cheese tarts. Since I rarely use them, a jar can last for a longggg time. Although it is not expensive, I don’t want to waste any. So I figured, why not make my own jam? There are no preservatives and I can control the amount that I make. :)
Original recipe:here
Blueberry Cheese Tart recipe: here

Homemade Blueberry Jam
1 cup or 2 pint blueberries
1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
2/3 cups sugar
1 tablespoons lemon juice

  1. In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
  2. Bring to a boil.
  3. Once the blueberries soften, mash them using a form or a potato masher.
  4. Set the heat to low and let the jam thickens (about 15-20 minutes)
  5. Let cool to room temperature before refrigerating or using the jam.





Voila, it is extremely simple and divine! Perfect for gifts as well; packed in mini mason jars with a ribbon tied around them. So cute!

What am I up to now that I’m done with the Bachelor’s Degree? Chilling out and wasting time. Fun stuff.

Till then.Wasalam.

Love,
Sofhan Hasni

No comments:

Post a Comment