Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Toblerone Cheesecake

Assalamualaikum!

When I was at my parents place, I had plenty of time to type down new recipes that I’ve tried and experimented on. However, there was always this little assistant of ours who was constantly amazed and forever captivated by any sorts of gadgets…Lo and behold, meet Ngum ngumm...my sweetheart andd...my heart breaker..

Kids these days..

We had a few ginormous bars of Toblerone in our fridge that my BIL 1.0 brought from Perth. I asked my sister if she wanted a Toblerone Cheesecake and of course… who would ever resist such decadent chocolate dessert? I can’t remember who came up with the idea first. Us sisters gossip about food almost constantly! Our whatsapp group is filled with either food or ngum ngumms photos. No surprises there...

This Toblerone Cheesecake is one of the easiest cheesecakes I've ever made. It’s a no-bake cheesecake and no gelatin/agar is required. I decided to use Tiger biscuits which are energy biscuits sold in South East Asian countries. The amount required was a lot more than I had on hand so I decided to use some Coconut biscuits as well. It was SPOT ON! I wished I have used only coconut biscuits instead of them together. The coconut flavor balances the strong chocolatey taste really well. It gives an extra tropical kick that was simply lovely in your mouth.

I made this right before we left for my farewell dinner. I was scrambling and rushing to get things done. Instead of crushing the biscuits using the Ziploc-and-rolling pin method or using a food processor, I decided to crumble the biscuits using my hands. The biscuits weren't finely crumbed and there were still a whole lot of big chunky pieces. Again, surprisingly, it worked really well. I really like the crunchiness that it gives in every bite. If you like silky smooth desserts, then I’d suggest you use the food processors and processes those biscuits to sand like texture instead. But really, you should give the crunchy crust a try! One thing that I don't miss is sweaty cakes.Oh boy...

Original Recipe here

Toblerone Cheesecake

1 ¼ cup biscuit crumbs
80g butter, melted
500g Cream Cheese
1/2 cup sugar
300g Toblerone, melted
1/2 cup whipping cream


  1. Line an 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, set aside.
  2. In a bowl, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs Press the mixture firmly into the cake pan. Set aside.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Set aside.
  4. In a different bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
  5. Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese batter.
  6. Add in the melted Toblerone and mix well.
  7. Pour the cream cheese batter into the cake pan. Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight until set.















This was our farewell dessert dish that I didn’t get to enjoy it with my sister. She was working on the day that I left. So I had to enjoy it without her and her without me. Bummer! I barely finished my slice before we left for the airport, so today, I’m planning to make another one with a different crust.Wooot woot!


A few more days till school reopens. Final year. MAJOR YIKES!

Happy Independence Day Malaysia!

Wasalam.

Till then,
Love,
Sofhan Hasni

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YIKES! i just realized my recipe was incomplete. I have edited the recipe.( see step 4 and 5)=)

      so sorry!:D

      Delete