Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Purple Obsession!

Assalamualaikum!

I just got back from kampung.Seriously EVERYBODY IS GETTING MARRIED!The villagers don't have to cook for the whole week because there were rewang and kenduri everywhere.I love weddings!I love the food especially.But boy!I definiley have forgotten how fattening they can be!(I'm going for a walk after this no worries).After living in Montreal for 8 months and not eating heavy Malay dishes that often,I'm suddenly not used to the thick,santan-y,oil covered dishes.I haven't been eating a lot of meat back in Montreal because we are trying to adopt the less-meat-eating plan.I am used to eating tofu and veggies and now in Malaysia,we don't eat a lot of those..The idea of stuffing your face with cholesterol is a bot sickening..

I think i've mentioned that i'm definitely in love with aubergines.I LOVE THEM.I REALLY DO!
So I tried making grilled aubergine salad and it was YUMMMYY!

Grilled Aubergine Salad
3 Medium Aubergines
1/2 of red and yellow capsicums
1 large tomato
3 tablespoon of oliveoil
A handful of parsley
black pepper
chili powder
Salt
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit
  2. Chop the veggies
  3. In a bowl,put in the chopped aubergine and cover it with water.Add a pinch of salt and let it swim for a few minutes.
  4. On an oven tray,drizzle the veggies(except parsley) with olive oil and add the black pepper and chili powder to taste.
  5. Bake them for 15 minutes (if you like to be a lot mushy,then let it stay in the oven for awhile longer)
  6. Put them in a bowl and add more olive oil,pepper,or chili if you want to
  7. Add the parsley and toss them well.


The veggies

Chopped capsicum

Choped aubergine in water and salt
parsleyyyy

Before

After

Bon Appetit!

If i have goat cheese,i would have definitely shred some on this salad!Plus if its too oily,feel free to reduce the amount of olive oil.I'm crazy about olive oil too!=)
Have fun and eat healthily!
i'm 20 and i'm not getting any younger.Its never too young to start being careful with what you eat!Eating healthily doesn't mean stopping indulging yourself with glorious food.Just indulge yourself moderately.Moderation is always the best!=)

Till then,Salut!
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment