Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Remy and Emil

Assalamualaikum!

Don't you just love the name Emil?I love it!If i have a pet cat,i'll call it Emil.I named my lappy Emil too.But this Emil cant run to me when I call it,to bulky to be cuddled and does not respond to any of my "koochee cooo"s..*pout*
Anyways,I was supoosed to be studiying for my quiz the other day but of course the 'easily-distracted' me went recipe hunting and blog reading.=) I came across this really simple ratatouille sandwich that looks super yum and suddenly i was craving for it although i have never ever tasted ratatouille in my life.So i went to PA Supermarche and bought some fresh veggies.
I realized that,i always need something to munch on while i study which is not healthy for the fact that i rarely exercise now.So i opt for fruits instead and reduce my unneeded food intakes.On the quest of healthy diet, ratatouille sandwich seemed like a good idea.This is where i got the recipe from http://stovetopdancing.blogspot.com/2011/02/ratatouille-sandwich.html ,but i changed some of the ingredients ,so here it is..

Ratatouille Sandwich
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 medium aubergine
2 bell peppers(red and yellow for color!)
1 tomato (big ones or 2 small ones)
2 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 tablespoon of milk
1/2 cup of cheese
2 tablespoon of hot sauce
a handful of basil
a tablespoon of dried oregano
pepper and salt to taste
olive oil
Fresh veggies,onion and garlic
  1. Chop everything and everybody into small pieces and shred the cheese.
  2. In a saucepan,sautee the onion and garlic with olive oil until its is slightly brownish or caramelized.
  3. Add the bell peppers and aubergine and wait for it to soften.
  4. After its is slightly mushy,add the tomato and everything else and stir.

Thats it!We're done!=)

Tadaaaa!


Oh lala!


I love mine on a piece of bread.


You can add moreeee cheese if you like or omit the milk and shredded cheese and use mascarpone instead.I LOVE THE SMELL OF BASIL!They have planted basil up for sale and was thinking of buying them.Then again,i rarely cook anything with basil in it.So next time,i'll try planting something that is worth it,like oregano perhaps,its easy to plant them and they require very minimal care.Plus they smell good and make food taste A LEVEL YUMMIER!

We had a picnic in front of Leacock yesterday and it was fun,fun,fun! It was finally 7 degrees yesterday and i was super excited to see the sun again!Sun bathing in our coats is quite fun I must say.When you have great company around,things doesn't really matter.=)
Teehee
Aren't they just adorable?

Till then,Salut,
Love,
Anggerik

No comments:

Post a Comment